Welcome to my Mobile Blog!

I am Alok,My Blog is all about sharing with you. So If you like any of my article regarding mobile Tips, Please Reply me. You can Comment, you can share on facebook or you can join me on facebook.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Computing Tip: Use Hibernate Function


I've seen many around me has some experience in power computing but the never use hibernate.This is a a wonderful function in windows which saves a lot of time and and hassle.


Hibernation is a nice power saving mode in windows XP which saves the RAM data in the hard drive and then the PC is all shut down. when you press the power button in next session, It just loads the data from hard drive to ram again, and you have a work environment you previously left before hibernation.

The main benefits are:

  1. When you leave pc for short period, say 30min to 1 hour, It can save power and security.
  2. It is always handy when you need to log on often.
  3. Hibernate mode needs less boot time than normal boot time.
  4. It can save your laptop battery lifetime by speeding up the boot process.

Issues:
  1. The Hibernation mode is more desirable if you're going to be going to be away from the computer for an extended time period, otherwise you could use the Standby mode.
  2. The other thing is that it uses a disk space amount equivalent to your RAM and lastly it takes longer to emerge from Hibernation takes longer since it has to restore data from the disk.

0 comments: